Golf Link with Chuck Cook demonstrates how to use the punch drill to cure a hook shot in golf. A common cause to closing the golf club face and making the ball hook is the release of the head of the club early on the downswing. This is called casting the head of the club which makes the head of the club arrive at the point of impact before your hands. At the moment of impact you want the back of your left hand flat and the back of your right hand bent so that you can compress the ball. Use the punch drill to get into the later release position. Take a short iron and make half of a back swing and then try to hit the ball as low as you can like you are trying to punch the ball underneath a tree. Your hands will get into a later release position with this drill which will eliminate the high hook.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades